- One to see over Christmas vacation: Art Under Attack: Histories of British Iconoclasm at Tate Britain. By Lauren Dudley
- Curating Art History – Call for Papers
- Undergraduates Emily Martin and Callum Davidson chat to David Hemsoll about his new book. . .and a few other things.
- The Art History careers afternoon by Holly Wain
- Second year student Maysie Chandler turns her hand to costume designing for an upcoming University production . . .
- Check out the video of our Speed Workshop ! @barberassoc @barberinstitute youtube.com/watch?v=rrjS9s… fb.me/6CB4apukC 1 day ago
- EMREM - the medieval and early modern postgrad forum - is celebrating the end of term! fb.me/6zaYArevP 3 days ago
- *NEW* over at The Golovine: One to see over the Christmas vacation and for a discounted price(!): Art Under... fb.me/S44zSZ74 4 days ago
- There is still time to submit proposals for papers to this academic year's Department of Art History, Film and... fb.me/6mEh8KYum 1 week ago
- Wow, we just discovered one of our own librarians is also a writer! One for the Christmas list... fb.me/RUQW5n4Y 1 week ago
Tagsart history Arts and Science Festival Barber Institute of Fine Arts Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery Countess Golovine Damien Hirst Department of Art History Film and Visual Studies Elisabeth Vigée-Lebrun George Catlin internships mac National Portrait Gallery New Art Gallery Walsall peasants Pieter Bruegel Research Reviews The Golovine UoB UoB Research and Cultural Collections Vanley Burke Vienna Westminster Hall Year Abroad
Category Archives: Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery
A fantastic six months as a U0B Cultural Intern at Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery, by Lauren Dudley
The University of Birmingham has pioneered a fantastic scheme with local cultural partners, which offers Birmingham graduates the chance to apply for paid internships at partner institutions. Last summer I was absolutely thrilled to find out that I had been … Continue reading
It may be the end of August but things are hotting up already for the autumn term! Here at The Golovine we’ve put together an overview of some of the exciting things being organised in and around the department of … Continue reading
Here is the third instalment in Joint Honours student Sophie Edwards’ experience of working on the George Catlin exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery. The exhibition is now on in Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery until 13th October 2013! After … Continue reading